Provide educational opportunities for residents of Southeast Michigan to learn about our current food system and the need for change. We accomplish this by bringing consumers and producers together to gain a better understanding of each others needs.
- Host conferences and networking events;
- Produce annual report and e-newletter updates;
- Network with diverse groups across the state working for change in the food system;
- Participate in marketing and networking opportunities to educate others about the mission of FSEP;
- Attend various festivals and events to share the importance of Buying Local with residents of Southeast Michigan.
What Can You Do?
The local food movement is gaining momentum across the region. You can be a part of it. Click here for information on how to eat locally and get involved in making a better food system in Southeast Michigan.
The local food movement is gaining momentum across the region. You can credit this shift on tough economic times or the entrepreneurial spirit of Michiganders. Any way you look at it, a focus on local food is a good thing, as it strengthens our local economy, provides better nutritional opportunities and builds a sense of community in our region.
If you are interested in volunteering with FSEP please contact Jennifer Fike for more information.