The market research and development team aims to develop a holistic approach, balancing the needs of all stakeholders. Our goals are larger than any individual entrepreneur, so should be our focus. Many organizations exist to help individual entrepreneurs in market analysis and business plan development. By taking a sector analysis approach to our research initially, we create a clear point of difference from other service providers in the marketplace. The range of application of our research also is far more applicable across our stakeholder groups. Based on this, future market studies conducted by FSEP will be more targeted and effective.
- Develop a quantitative picture of our current food system reality.
- Suggest realistic changes to enhance local agro-economic viability.
- Define key subsectors with high growth potential as economic development opportunities.
- Identify impediments to growth of the local food system.
- Create useful datasets that help develop linkages between entrepreneurs and markets
- Beginning Farmer Program Potential - full report
- Maps of Food-Related Businesses in 5-County Region (PDF download)
- Grain & Local Food Market Survey - executive summary, full report, presentation
- Restaurant Market Study - executive summary, full report, presentation
- Independent Grocers Market Study - executive summary, full report, presentation
- School Market Study (K-12) – executive summary, full report, presentation
- Food System Literature Review Reports